Flapjacks are a great treat for any family, and you can make them anyway you like. I added raisins to this batch that I made, but you could have them plain, or add anything that you desire into them such as dried mixed fruit or chocolate chips. I even tried making it using granola breakfast cereal once and that was delish.
The gooey centre and crisp outside is a sensation for little fingers and big alike. My daughter loves to make these and get covered in golden syrup and flour (as all toddlers do) and can’t refuse to help when she sees the ingredients on the side, and have a taste of one or two of them haha.
so here is all you need to know about how to make this simple flapjack:
- 100g Plain Flour
- 100g Brown Sugar
- 100g Raisins (or mixed fruit)
- 100g Butter
- 100g Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Golden Syrup (or honey as an alternative)
you could change any of these ingredients to something else, for example you could use 200g of granola cereal instead of adding oats and fruit separately.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and grease a tin ready to turn the ingredients out onto. put to one side.
- mix all dry ingredients together and set aside.
- melt butter and golden syrup together until completely melted.
- once melted add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix until completely covered
- turn the mixture into the oven dish and make sure it is all of an even thickness. (if you want to make cookies instead, make little balls out of the mixture and put onto a baking tray at an equal distance, don’t flatten as they will do this in the cooking process)
- Place in oven for approx 15 mins or until golden.
- take out of the oven but leave in the tray until cool. whilst warm cut into squares or rectangles.
- once cool they are ready to eat! yum yum x
I hope you have as much fun making these as I did with Isabelle. These make such a nice snack or even a lovely homemade present for someone (I know what i’m doing for some xmas presents haha)
If you attempt these I would love to see pictures and know what you changed if you changed anything, but these are so simple they are great for a first time baker or even just a little baker who is wanting to do something on a rainy day.
Don’t forget to watch my Youtube how to, to see how I made these and more info about these super yummy and easy snacks