This recipe is not one for the children. But a great recipe to help you feel like a kid again and relax on a rare occasion that the kids are not at home.
Prosecco has become a ‘fashionable’ drink to have at any occasion within the last 5 years. But drinking the same drink over and over becomes boring and tiresome, so we make cocktails and do something different to make our drinks a bit more appetising.
These prosecco jellies are great for parties and special occasions (kept away from the little ones of course) and taste amazing every time, and feature at my Christmas Time Parties which I hold. (So long as we are allowed this year, you will see them featured on my social media)
Simple to make and a great crowd pleaser, your guests will be begging you for more. One is never enough!
- 300g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 sheets leaf gelatine
- 750ml bottle pink prosecco chilled
- 1/2 tsp edible glitter
How I made them
- First put caster sugar in pan with 250ml water. Heat gently, stirring continuously until dissolved.
- Bring to boil and bubble for 2 mins.
- Remove from heat, and add vanilla extract, leave to cool for 5 mins
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 3 mins to soften.
- Squeeze out excess water then add to the warm syrup and stir until dissolved.
- Pour in the prosecco and edible glitter and stir to combine.
- Pour into 8 glasses and chill for about 5 hrs until set.
- Serve to all your friends and family and ENJOY!
I recommend making a couple of batches (or more depending on how many guests you have), as you will be wanting more after having one. Alternatively making the jellies in a smaller portion is another great way to add fun, as they become jelly shots in every sense.
Have fun making and trying these out!
Much love xx
You can find more recipes on my instagram @theworldofmum