Pasta is such a simple dish to make, you can literally throw anything you like into it and it makes it something special.
I love to pack my pasta dishes full of veg and goodness, but sometimes I let us have a naughty binge with our pasta.
The Chicken Alfredo is my twist on a classic carbonara and is super delicious. Served with a side salad or a slice of garlic bread it is a wonderful treat for all.
- 320g fettuccine or tagliatelle
- 1tsp olive oil
- 6 streaky bacon rashers chopped
- 4 chicken fillets
- salt and black pepper
- knob of butter
- 1/2 onion diced
- 200g mushrooms sliced thickly
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 220ml cream
- 200ml whole milk
- handful parsley
- 100g spinach chopped
- Put the pasta on to cook according to package instructions
- heat olive oil in large pan over med heat, cook bacon until crisp and golden
- season chicken with salt and pepper add to pan which bacon was cooked in. cook for 3-4 mins each side until golden and just cooked through. transfer to plate with bacon, cover with foil to keep warm
- melt butter in same pan, add onion, cook for 3-4 mins until soft. add mushrooms and cook for 6-8 mins until golden. Add garlic and cook for around 30secs
- add cream and milk, summer for 8-10mins or until begins to thicken. add in chicken and bacon. season to taste.
- add cooked pasta, fresh parsley and spinach, stir to combine. warm through for 1-2mins.
- serve with parmesan
This is a really quick and simple dish that tastes amazing. My little girl didnt think so though! She much preferred the garlic bread, but you win some you lose some. X
Let me know what you think about this recipe and if you’re going to give it a try x