I am a chocoholic and this dish definitely satisfies my chocolate cravings.
I had attempted to make mousse before when I was younger but couldn’t get the recipe quite right, but then I realised that I was making life difficult for myself and that to make a mousse you really don’t need too much skills or knowledge.
This is such a tasty pudding that you will be asking for more.
For the Mousse
- 170g dark chocolate
- 240ml double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g chocolate brownies
- 100g salted caramel sauce
- 100ml cream whipped
- 80g pecan nuts toasted
How to Make
- place the chocolate in a bowl, set over a pan of simmering water.
- Add 80ml of the cream, stir over a med heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temp
- In a bowl beat the remaining cream until thickened.
- Add icing sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mix
- Allow to chil in fridge for at least 1hr
- cut brownies into small cubes and divide amongst 2 or 3 glasses.
- transfer mouse into a piping bag and pipe it on top of the brownies until glasses are half full.
- spoon over most of the salted caramel sauce, reserve some for drizzling on top. sprinkle over toasted pecan nuts
- top with whipped cream.
Me and my daughter had so much fun making this, ending up wearing more of the chocolate than what was in the bowl. It was a wonderful chocolatey mess, and it’s the making it that is the best bit for me, especially when my little one helps x
I would love to see pics of your chocolate mousse and find out how you got on.
To make the sundae a bit more like a traditional sundae you could add a spoon of icecream, this just adds to the yummy dessert something special.