Skin under your eyes is 10x thinner than the rest of your skin, making it more prone to swelling and discolouration.
What Causes Baggy Eyes?
All kinds of things such as:
- Allergies – Allergies and Hayfever can cause bags under the eye as they are left under a lot of stress with the side effects and symptoms of the allergy.
- Stress – Stress effects us in many different ways, it can cause us to lose sleep and focus on things which we think are important forgetting about other, more important, things.
- Tiredness – Not getting enough sleep can lead to dark circles and bags under the eye.
- Genetics – Yes. Unfortunately some of us have genetics which tells our eyes to be baggy. However there are plenty of preventative methods you can use to keep the bags at bay.
- Age – The older we get the more susceptible we are to getting bags under our eyes.
How to Fix the Issue
Get your sleep!
Sleep is incredibly important for our health. Yet it can leave us with bags under the eyes when we immediately wake up. This is due to the congestion build up which occurs over night. To remedy this try raising your head up with an extra pillow to encourage drainage and reduce those dark baggy eyes.
Use the Right Ingredients
- Peptides – this is a great ingredient to increase and encourage collagen (something we need to keep our skin looking younger)
- Hyalauronic Acid
Get Ready Later
This one sounds a little daunting to some people out there (I know, this was me once). However all I am suggesting is that you
If your eyes are still rather baggy and dark after 30 mins before getting ready, then by all means you can cover them up. Using a good colour corrector in a red or orange is a good start, but sometimes just a simple concealer will do the job. Remember though, your skin under the eye is incredibly thin and delicate, so you don’t want to add too much product to this area.
My Top 5 Products for Baggy Eyes
- Olay Regenerist Collagen Peptide24 Eye Cream Without Fragrance
- L’Oreal Paris Golden Age Rosy Glow Eye Cream for Dark Circles 15 ml
- Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Dark Circle Corrector In JUST 2 WEEKS
- Maybelline Instant Anti Age Eraser Eye Concealer, Dark Circles and Blemish Concealer,
- Sleek MakeUp Lifeproof Colour Corrector
There you have it. My top tips for combating Under Eye Bags, so we can stop looking tired and worn, and instead live our lives looking FABULOUS!
See you all next time x
Much love xx
Products linked above are affiliate links. This means that I earn a small commission for each item sold from my links at no extra cost to yourself.