Who doesn’t love a good burger? They are a great food for all times of the year, you can have them on the Barbecue or you can cook them on the grill. They are the perfect food for all the family to enjoy.
When we have a food that is super tasty and loved by us all, I will always look for a way to make it healthier. And as beef mince is not the healthiest of meats for us to be eating, I thought I would give Turkey Burgers a go.
This recipe is super simple and easy to make, and Isabelle really enjoyed getting messy with me and making the burger for us to eat for our dinner that night. They were full of flavour and went really well with a side salad, and brioche burger buns, and since first making this recipe I have now made it about 3 times (I only made it for the first time 2 weeks ago). I cannot wait for the summer season when I can attempt to make these burgers to put on the barbecue, and perfect the flavours with a kind of smokiness that the BBQ brings.
- Turkey Mince
- 4 Spring Onions (finely chopped)
- about 3-4 spoonfuls of Plain Yoghurt (I used Greek)
- Breadcrumbs (from about 2 slices of bread)
- Mix all ingredients together
- Mould into little balls, and squash a little to make a burger shape
- Leave in the fridge for about 10-30 mins
- Cook on the grill about 3-5 mins each side (or until golden on both sides and cooked through)
- Serve in a bun with some mayo, salad and homemade chips.
There you have it. It really is a super simple recipe that tastes absolutely amazing.