Things that we should all have in our makeup bag, and questioning whether I have everything which beauticians and makeup artists recommend, have often been questions I have asked myself. During my online beauty and makeup course I learnt so many things, but I finally got my answer that I was asking and I felt I needed to share this with you.
There are really around 15 items which beauticians and makeup artists recommend that you should have for your daily beauty regime. However I have gone through the list, and made it more focused on the makeup side rather than the beauty, as being a mum I don’t always have time to stick to a good beauty regime, meaning that some of the products recommended were not really applicable to me.
The 7 Things I believe are important
- Pore hiding primer – large pores can make it look like you have bad quality skin, a good primer will smooth other the pores and hide them. Large pores does mean that it is harder to keep bacteria away, and the primer will help to hide them while you are treating your skin.
- Translucent smoothing powder- there is no need to add a huge quantity of foundation to your skin, a good translucent smoothing powder will help give you an even skin tone instead. The mix of a foundation and powder covers up the small irregularities resulting in a perfect even skin tone. Your skin will also have a radiant glow to die for.
- Concealer– nothing worse than dark circles around your eyes, making you look tired and old. Virtually every single person gets them at some time, and you will want to cover them up as soon as possible. Products that contain mica particles lift the darkness and hydrates the skin.
- Foundation – The base of anyone’s makeup. This is a great product to have in any form to help you look made up even if it is the only product that you are wearing at the time.
- Mascara – This will help to widen and open up your eyes, a mascara will enable your face to seem like it is lit up and give you a fresh look for the day.
- Makeup remover – We shouldn’t be wearing makeup unless we have the correct products to remove our makeup. Try out a Miscellar water or a cleansing cream for best result.
- Face Moisturiser – Again skincare is the most important part of our daily routine, and a face moisturiser should not be overlooked. This will help to keep your skin looking young and supple.
These are the products that I believe we should all have in our makeup bags, mainly for beginners. Is there anything you think I have missed? Would you swap anything I have put in there for something else?
Let me know in the comments, and don’t forget to check out my video where I talk more about the products and why we need them.