Creamy Leek and Kale Lasagne
A lasagne has been a family favourite for decades in my household, but I was beginning to get a little tired of having the same lasagne everytime. I decided to try and change it up a little, and this is the kind of lasagne that I created.
- 300g Kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 leeks thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- juice of half lemon
- 150g mascarpone
- 200g ricotta
- 150ml veg stock
- 4 tbsp basil pesto
- lasagne sheets
- parmesan, grated
How I made it
- preheat oven to 200c/180c fan/ gas mark 6. Grease baking dish with olive oil
- bring pan of salted water to boil. add kale. cook for 4-5 mins then drain. pat dry with kitchen paper
- heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. add leeks and season generously. cook for 8-10 mins
- add garlic and thyme and cook for 2 mins. add kale, lemon juice, mascarpone and ricotta (leave 4 tbsp for later. mix to combine well
- add veg stock to loosen into a thick sauce. remove from heat
- spread 1/4 of sauce into bottom of dish. dollop 1 tablespoon of pesto, then layer with lasagne sheets. do this until all sauce has been used. end with lasagne sheets.
- mix the last bits of ricotta with a splash of stock, spread over the top layer. add grated parmesan.
- bake for 20 mins until golden and bubbling.
There were mixed reviews about this dish, my little one decided it was “yucky” before even trying it but everyone else seemed to enjoy it as an alternative to the standard type.
Let me know what you think! Will you be trying this as well??