There are so many fillings that you can have with a Jacket Potato. One of my favourites is a creamy leek and bacon filling. Both Leeks and Bacon go really well with potato so this combination is just perfect.
Jacket Potatoes are an incredibly easy and versatile meal. They can be used as a main meal, a lunch or as a side dish, and are perfect for all kinds of weathers. This is why I love a humble jacket potato, they are perfect for hundreds of different meals and meal types.
- Jacket Potatoes (1 per person)
- 1 Leek
- 4 Rashers of Bacon
- 2 tablespoons flour
How I made it
- Bake the Potatoes in the oven at 200c for about 30-45mins or until potatoes are soft.
- Chop the Leeks into small chunks, cook until soft.
- Grill the bacon. Cut into small pieces.
- melt a knob of butter
- stir in flour until a paste is made
- add a splash of milk at a time until a sauce is formed. Mix continuously.
- grate in cheese, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- add in the leeks and bacon
- serve with a sprinkling of cheese and a side salad.
An alternative you could add a teaspoon of mustard to add a twist to the sauce. It is a delicious creamy sauce and I am still experimenting with ways to make it better and different, because who likes to have the same thing over and over again?
I hope you enjoy this recipe and add your own alternative twists to it to make it yours.
Much love xx