Toad in the Hole
This is a great dish for those colder days when you need something a bit more filling. You can change it up using vegetarian sausages or serving with different gravy. I usually serve with peas or broccoli (sometimes both) depending on how I am feeling, and mash potato.
Try serving with roast potatoes for an easy take on a roast dinner (hey you already have the yorkshire in with the sausages haha x), or for a vegetarian alternative you can use vegan sausages (although cooking times may vary).
- 6 pork sausages (i got mine from the local butchers)
- 300ml milk
- 125g flour
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- Cook the sausages in the oven dish you will use for the final product
- make the batter – add milk, flour and egg together,
- add pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- mix well until smooth
- once sausages are cooked add batter to the dish (do not remove sausages, or drain)
- place in oven at 180 degrees, for 30-40mins or until browned on top and batter is cooked through.
- serve with veg, gravy and potatoes
I hope you enjoy making this and eating this as much as we do in my house. if you want to see how I make this then see my video with my how to and my little helper enjoying the mixing.